Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life After GLOCAL - Going back 2 School...

Here I am having one final unionized coffee break in Second Life before I leave my Coordinator's position with the GLOCAL Project in order to return to school.

Hello Blog Readers,

This is just a brief announcement to let you know that as of August 22, I will be wrapping up my services as the Coordinator for the GLOCAL Project at the Surrey Art Gallery because I will be going to be starting a Masters' degree in my Real Life (RL) at Simon Fraser University's School of Interactive Arts and Technology. SIAT is located in Surrey, B.C.

Some of you may be wondering, "what ever happened to GLOCAL doing innovative projects in Second Life?"

Well, I also need to formally announce here that the CanadainSL property had a landbot virus and everything on the property was virtually wiped out - including all the GLOCAL billboards!

Regardless, GLOCAL is up to some amazing stuff since I last blogged.

The reception for their Prototype Exhibition is in October and the whole project is miles ahead of where it was when I was attempting to give them a presence in Second Life.

Consider the landbot virus a minor setback as I am sure that at the very least, the Surrey Art Gallery will soon have a regular presence in Second Life. There is still serious talk happening at the Gallery about duplicating the TechLab in this increasingly mainstream virtual playland.

I highly recommend that you regularily visit these two websites:

GLOCAL's Official Blog

Surrey Art Gallery's TechLab


I might not be blogging here much anymore as Newton but if I do, it will be in the context of becoming a Virtual Worlds researcher.

Talk soon perhaps,

Newton.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the
images on this blog loading? I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also visit my site tucson medical weightloss